The season may not be over quite yet (it’s still sweltering where I live), but for all intents and purposes, Summer is over, and it’s time to hit the books again. All over the country kids and college students are headed back to school. Even my wife has signed up for a couple of courses. I can’t help but be a little jealous. I really enjoyed school – the wide range of topics, the chance to learn something new, the variety of instructors and classmates. The day-to-day grind just doesn’t provide that same kind opportunity for learning and growth.
That said, part of a marketer’s job has to include learning and growth. The tools and trends in marketing continue to change and evolve at a dizzying pace. How do you keep up with it all? I have some favorite resources I turn to regularly for information, education, and marketing inspiration.
- Seth Godin – this marketing guru has written more than a few books on marketing and writes a marketing blog on which he has posted every day for at least the past 7 YEARS. Definitely worth a follow.
- eMarketer.com – research, insight, and intelligence. Lots of useful and interesting information for marketers.
- MediaPost – a wealth of articles and opinion on online, email, mobile, social, search, and TV media and marketing.
- CMO.com – Adobe’s site dedicated to providing info and expertise to senior marketing leaders.
- MarketingProfs – includes articles, reports, tutorials, tools, and more for marketers.
- Advertising Age – creativity, opinion, data and more on the latest in fields of marketing and advertising.
So where do you turn when you need to hit the marketing books?